Kaya ngayong Pasko


It is common knowledge to all of us that the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our social lives in a negative way. The prohibition of mass gatherings and festivals has affected the way we celebrate occasions, one of them being Christmas. Personally, Christmas is my favorite holiday because it is the season of giving and spending time with your loved ones. Before the pandemic we would celebrate it by having programs at school or at our workplaces, attending “Misa de Gallo or “simbang gabi”, having Noche Buena or going out of town. With the pandemic, we have to find other ways to experience the Christmas cheer.

            We spent the previous Christmas during the pandemic and this year we’ll do it again. Though mass gatherings aren’t allowed, we still celebrate it with other people, for example our family and neighbors. One challenge that many families faced is not having relatives from abroad come home and celebrate the holiday with them because of quarantine. But other from that, eating food at Noche Buena with family really makes you feel the Christmas spirit. I have to admit that Christmas isn’t as happy as before, I miss exchanging gifts with my classmates and playing party games, going to malls hearing Mariah Carey singing “All I Want For Christmas Is You”, and overall the old experience of Christmas. Still, me and my family still make an effort to celebrate it like before, just lesser the people. Last year, I still attended Misa de Gallo or simbang gabi in our respective barangay because at the end of the day, as a Catholic, Christmas is about our s Youas" FOr s hearing Mariah Carey singing "ith my classmates and playing party gamesthe Christmas spirit. r from that noche  savior’s birthday so we should celebrate it with respect.

            For me, Christmas isn’t about the amount of gifts you give or receive, eating a luxurious feast or the amount of people you celebrate it, but it is the experience itself. Celebrating this holiday is different for everyone, some may not enjoy the celebration or not celebrate it at all. Pandemic or not, all I want for Christmas is to celebrate it with my family even if we may not be together physically because having them is enough and I hope it is the same for others. So let us work together as a society to do our part this pandemic so we can go back to the old normal.

Reference:

BusinessMirror: "Family, faith fortify Filipinos against pandemic, perfidy". Uploaded on December 30, 2020. Retrieved on December 9, 2021.















Comments

  1. Hello! We surely miss a lot of the old Christmas. I can't wait for us to finally move on from this pandemic and we can have a normal Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can only hope that the old Christmas would be felt again! I enjoyed this blog so much !! i wish you a happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uno Filipino

Quality Education in a Distance